Alarm Mate (by Mother Tucker LLC.) is a most user friendly, stripped-down alarm that packs a powerful punch of functionality. This app is in the Utility category, but may actually be a better fit for the Productivity category. The alarm is the surface functionality of this app, and alerts you at the pre-determined time that you’ve set, just as one would expect. But, the really great functionality comes with all the other bells and whistles that you can add to your alarms, such as having the date, weather, Yahoo and Gmail, emails, and horoscope read aloud to you by 1 of 4 voices. The reading functionality is powered by iSpeech: Text-to-Speech and Speech Recognition, and is rather cool. The voices range from an US English-speaking man or woman to an UK English- speaking man or woman. During testing this app worked as advertised and the voices were very pleasant sounding — not annoying to hear.
I think the idea of waking up to the date, weather and other pertinent information being read to you, as you wipe the crusty stuff out of your eyes, is pretty appealing. There is one thing you should be aware of when using this app to wake up, you will want to leave your iPhone plugged in so that the battery does not diminish, since this app needs to run in the foreground. Except for that, another great feature this app offers is the ability to start 1 song or a playlist of music that begins playing at a time that you’ve preselected. Additional features include snooze for 1 to 30 minutes, 1 tap to snooze, 2 taps to disable an alarm (which can be changed in the settings), voice selection (as well as a voice speed control), and a modern minimalist digital alarm clock display complete with the date. Alarm Mate is somewhat like your own personal Siri, in the sense that you can set it to provide you with certain information and at a time you select — got to love that. I’m definitely looking forward to updates to this app such as news, blog posts, and texts being read aloud. For more iPhone app videos check out our iPhone video app demos. Crazy Mike
Alarm Mate iPhone App Details
Title: Alarm Mate
$0.99 currently FREE!
Size: 2.3 MB
Developer: Mother Tucker LLC
Store: iTunes App Store
Alarm Mate iPhone App Download Link
Follow, Subscribe and Like Us On The Social Networks Below
*Disclosure* The developer Mother Tucker LLC and the iPhone app “Alarm Mate” are paid advertisers on http://www.crazymikesapps.com.
Alarm Mate iPhone App Developers Description
Alarm Mate is a digital alarm clock that reads your Date, Weather, EMail, Calendar, Horoscope and Text to you when you wake up. It also plays the Music on your device.
– Full-screen digital display
– Snooze the alarm by tapping anywhere on the screen
– Stop the alarm by double tapping anywhere on the screen
– Snooze Duration option (1-30 minutes)
– Voice Type option for Text to Speech [“US Male”, “US Female”, “UK Male”, “UK Female”]
– Alarms with a customizable playlist
– Supports multiple alarms
ALARM PLAYLIST ITEMS:
– Date: Reads the current date
– Weather: Reads the current weather for a specified location
– Calendar: Reads all events in your calendar for the next 12 hours
– GMail: Reads your unread email messages
– Horoscope: Reads the current horoscope for a specified sign
– Text: Reads any text you can enter (iSpeech speech recognition can be used to enter text on iPhone 3GS and later)
– Music: Plays the music on your device
* Requires an internet connection to play Text-To-Speech *
* Device must be plugged in when you run this app overnight to prevent draining your battery **
* Only runs in the foreground *
iSpeech: Text-to-Speech and Speech Recognition
** Ratings, Reviews and Feedback emails are appreciated! **
For more information or help with any problems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Reads Yahoo Mail
-Reads Weather worldwide (previous version only supported USA)
-Fix for bug with reading Calendar event end date
-Other bug fixes