The Free Android Bible app, by LifeChurch.tv, is an amazing bible application. This bible app is probably the best I have seen on either the iOS platform or the Android. For starters, there are 150+ different bible versions, easily accessible through download at no cost. Once you have selected your bible version, the user-interface for this application is crazy-easy. Once your bible opens, you can tap on the top menu bar where the book name is and a drop down list appears with all the bible books, which you can easily navigate by book, chapter and verse (traditional or alphabetical).
Also on the top menu bar is the bible version abbreviation, which if tapped on will allow you to see all available bible versions to download. The far left menu bar features an arrow facing down that when tapped on provides the ability to bookmark a page, create notes, access reading plans, and more. Finally, at the bottom of each page there is volume icon that can be tapped on to listen to the text read aloud to you. The FREE Android app, Bible by LifeChurch.tv, is an amazing bible app that (in my opinion) should sell for upwards of $9.99 because of what this app offers — but you can get this app for FREE on your Android and carry around a whole library of bibles all on one device. Check out our other Android app reviews for more Android apps.
Bible FREE Android App Details
Category: Books & Reference
Size: varies with device
Store: Android Market
Download The Free Android Bible App App
Android App Developers Description
#1 Bible App; Read or listen to the Bible with over 150 Bible versions 100% FREE
Get the #1 rated and ranked Bible App for FREE. We want to make it easy for you to read and share God’s Word. 150+ free translations and almost 200 Bible reading plans to help you read the Bible and track your progress.
MANY GREAT BIBLE TRANSLATIONS:
• Free access to many modern English Bible translations including the NIV, ESV, NLT, NKJV, AMP, NASB, CEV, NET, WEB, NCV, TNIV, HCSB, The Message and more.
• Free access to many modern Spanish Bible translations including the Reina-Valera 1960 (RVR60), NVI, LBLA, NBLH and more.
OFFLINE BIBLE ACCESS/AIRPLANE MODE:
• Free access to many Bible translations while you’re offline (no data connection) or in “airplane mode”: The Message, NKJV, KJV, NET, NCV, God’s Word, ASV, WEB, RVES, ELB, LSG, CUVS, CUV, NB88/07 and many more.
MANY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Easily search the Bible for either a reference or a keyword. The Bible App displays your Bible search results quickly for fast navigation.
• Listen to the Bible with one of our many Audio Bible versions available right within the Bible App.
• Choose from dozens of daily reading plans to help you read the Bible consistently. Track your Bible reading progress and sync your changes back to YouVersion.com, where you can join millions of other YouVersion users discussing what you’re reading in the Bible.
• Connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts to easily share Bible verses.
• Bookmark your favorite Bible verses and sync them with YouVersion.com.
• NOTES! Make public or private notes on your Bible reading. Your notes sync with YouVersion.com. View public notes (formerly “contributions”) from other Bible App users.
USE THE BIBLE APP IN CHURCH • Interact with church services and conferences…Tap “Live” in the bottom dock while you’re attending an event or service that’s using YouVersion Live. Take notes, respond to polls, answer questions, tweet about the event, and more!
WHAT’S WITH THESE PERMISSIONS?
The Bible App requests access to your phone calls in order to pause audio playback if you’re listening to a Bible when a phone call comes in.
The Bible App requests read/write access to your SD card because that’s where Bibles are downloaded and stored if you choose to do so.
The Bible App requests access to system log data because, new in this release, is the ability to submit support requests from within the app. If you go to the new Help section on the main page, and then ‘Contact Support’, it will launch an email client with a log file attached. That file will allow YouVersion to help you more quickly by giving us necessary information for troubleshooting issues like force closes, sign in, download, etc. We filter out everything except general system crashes and Bible App information.
The Bible App requests access to your account list to help the sign up process go more smoothly. If you choose to sign up with an account connected to your device, you can skip the verify step.