Sudoku Free surely has to be a Japanese puzzle game, well almost. Actually, Sudoku was originally invented in 1979 by Howard Garns an American. At the time the logic number puzzle game was called “Numbers in Place”. It wasn’t until the Japanese popularized that game and renamed it “Sudoku”. I love this game, but little did I know it was created by a fellow U.S. citizen (weird). Whatever, I love Sudoku.
The developers at Mighty Mighty Good Games bring us Sudoku (FREE) for the iPhone and iPod Touch. This is the by far the best FREE Sudoku app (and there are only a handful) in the iTunes App Store. The Sudoku FREE app makes plenty of the paid Sudoku apps look like crap. This app has options to change the background colors (4) and the ability to place notes in the number boxes (sweet). There is plenty of game play for the price, FREE. Sudoku FREE can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store, oh yea it’s FREE.
Developer’s App Description
Top 100 free app for over a year.
Rated “Best Sudoku Game of the Year” by Apple.
Rated #9 Game of the Year by Apple.
Rated #24 App of the Year by Apple with over 10,000 apps competing!
With unique handcrafted puzzles across four different skill levels, Sudoku (Free) is a great introduction to the fun and puzzle solving challenge of Sudoku.
All options are on by default, but you can turn them off in the Options menu
• Show Incorrect :: Shows incorrect answers in red.
• Smart Buttons :: Disables the number button when that number is completed on the game board.
• Smart Notes :: Removes the number from the notes in the box, column, and row that contains the cell with your correct answer.
• Multiple color schemes
• Unique handcrafted puzzles
• Four different skill levels
• Challenge a friend
• ALL puzzles are solvable WITHOUT guessing
• 4 color schemes
• “ALL notes”: tap the “All notes” button on to show all the possible answers for each square. Tap the “All notes” button off to remove the notes.
• Hints: shows the answer for the selected square or a random square when one is not selected
• Pause the game at any time and resume where you left off
• Best times, progress statistics, and much more
Do you want more? Try one of our other versions of sudoku which have all the same great features!
* Look for our paid edition of Sudoku with 800 puzzles and more unique color schemes.
* Or try Color Sudoku for a fun twist to solving sudoku puzzles.
* For advanced puzzle solving, try Expert Sudoku to challenge your sudoku solving skills.
Download The Sudoku Free App Now