Bible (by LifeChurch.tv) is probably one of the best iPhone and iPad apps in the iTunes app store in terms of quality content, app user interface, continuous upgrades, and price — all totally for FREE (no in app purchases)! This iPhone and iPad (iOS Universal) app has been in the iTunes App Store since just about the birth of the App Store (August 2008) and the developers have continuously worked to improve this Reference app all they way up to it’s current version 4.0.1 — with 38 updates since — and with a user interface that has got to be one of the most intuitive around.
When you open the app you will get the following information: a bible verse, where you last were reading, daily plans, and last bookmark. You can quickly go into any of these areas or tap in the upper right and access more options like notes, profile, and YouVersion social sites like Facebook and Twitter. Once you tap on any navigation that takes you into the Bible itself, there are more options like settings (bottom left), bookmarks, search, and more. The coolest, yet most subtle, functionality is actually accessing the books of the Bible themselves. Tap on any Bible book name in the top center when reading and this will pull up very quickly all Bible books that can be sorted by book, chapter and verse, either traditional (Old/New Testament) or alphabetical. The Sharing functionality is built in so Christians can readily share God’s word with others when using this app.
As an avid reader of the Bible, I’ve found this app to be very good one. There are a load of different Bible presentations, some featuring very professional voice overs and many that can be downloaded for offline reading. The Bible versions can also be read and listened to in countless other languages; there are a lot of custom settings for font, night/day reading, and others. More notable features include a variety of daily reading plans and daily devotionals, of which some are from very well-known Christian ministeries. Overall, this iPhone Reference app is excellent, and again, for FREE — this is a no-brainer download. I highly recommend this app if you’re looking for a bible application or a daily devotional for your iPhone or iPad. Check out all our iPhone app reviews. Crazy Mike
Bible iPhone App Details
Size: 12.0 MB
Store: iTunes App Store
Bible iPhone App Download Link
Follow, Subscribe and Like Us On The Social Networks Below
Bible iPhone App Developers Description
Join over 50 million people who read, listen and share God’s Word using the Bible App. Huge selection of 200+ free Bible versions and 200+ plans to help you track your progress. Now the Bible reads to you with audio Bibles! No in-app purchases – everything is free.
OFFLINE ACCESS/AIRPLANE MODE:
• Download many great translations to use while you are offline (no data connection) or in “airplane mode”: The Message, NKJV, KJV, NET, NCV, God’s Word, ASV, WEB, Reina-Valera 1960, ELB, LSG, CUVS, CUV, NB88/07 and many, many more.
MANY GREAT TRANSLATIONS:
• Free access to many modern English translations including the NIV, ESV, NLT, NKJV, AMP, NASB, CEV, NET, WEB, NCV, TNIV, HCSB, The Message, and more.
• Free access to many modern Spanish translations including the Reina-Valera 1960 (RVR60), NVI, LBLA, NBLH, and more.
• Free access many foreign language Bibles including German, French, Italian, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Czech, Bulgarian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and more.
MANY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Easily search the Bible for either a reference or a keyword. Search results are displayed quickly for fast navigation.
• Choose from dozens of daily reading plans to help you read the Bible consistently. Track your reading progress, sync your changes back to YouVersion.com where you can join millions of other YouVersion users and discuss what you’ve read.
• Connect your Twitter and Facebook account to easily tweet and post verses.
• Bookmark your favorite verses and sync those verses with YouVersion.com
• NOTES! Take notes and keep them public or private. Notes are synced with YouVersion.com. View public notes (used to be called contributions) from other Bible App users.
USE THE BIBLE APP IN CHURCH • Interact with church services and conferences…Just tap the “Live” icon in the dock at the bottom when attending a church service or event where YouVersion Live is being used. Take notes, respond to polls, answer questions, tweet about the event, and more!
COMING SOON • tons of daily reading plans • many new Bible versions in many languages