If sunrises, sunsets, perfect lighting conditions, and the ability to maximize your daylight hours is important to you, then there is a solar alarm clock app that you’ll want to know about. The Sol: Sun Clock — sunrise, sunset, and golden hours. Solar alarm clock. app makes it easy for you to track all of the different daylight periods throughout any 24 hour day, for any calendar day of the year, and for any location around the world.
Although this app is categorized as a Weather app, I would consider this iOS Universal application more of a Utilities/Productivity app due to the overall function. With this app, not only will you know when each solar phase begins and ends each day, but you’ll also see your current date, time, location, time zone, and name and duration of the current daylight period that you’re in.
You’ll always know how many minutes and hours until or since sunrise or sunset, hours of daylight and darkness in a specific day, elevation, number of days since or until the Winter Solstice or Autumn Equinox, and much more.
This solar alarm clock app also allows you to quickly change time zones and locations to pull back the information you’re looking for. You can also set timed alarms to notify you ahead of any daylight/solar phase you’re interested in. You can even choose a preferred alarm sound. And, you have the option to set an alarm for a specific daylight phase in a different location around the world (example: Sunrise or Solar Noon in London).
Another nice thing about the Sol solar alarm clock app, is that it gives you 3 ways to view the basic information. You can view your information in a moveable sundial graph, chart or summary format. My favorite is the moveable sundial graphic (with animated clouds in the background) that displays all daylight periods around its color coded wheel. Although the graphics alone are not all that interesting, it’s the great features, functionality, and quick and easy access of the app’s overall daylight information that make this solar alarm clock app really shine.
Sol: Sun Clock Solar alarm clock App Features
* Swiss army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial
* Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, plan the perfect photograph or to map out the best times to go fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device’s GPS… no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
If you like the Sol: Sun Clock Solar alarm clock app be sure to download this app now using the links below before it goes back to paid!
Download The Sol: Sun Clock Solar alarm clock App Now