Don’t plan a trip or leave home without the Triposo Travel app, your interactive mobile travel guide. This free iOS Universal app provides a wealth of travel related guides and maps to help you find things to do, places to eat, and places to stay when visiting countries and cities all around the globe – or closer to home.
Triposo includes downloadable travel guides (with maps) for a ton of countries and cities everywhere. This free Travel app is also a handy tool to help you discover fun recreational things for you and your family to do right in your own local area. You can find plenty of 1-day trip ideas, making this app a great resource for those times when your kids have been home for an extended period of time and are bored – like summer vacation.
Whenever I’m checking out these kinds of travel/location apps, I always look for things listed in my local area to validate the app’s usefulness. This gives me a chance to test and see how well the app really works. While on the hunt for places of interest in my own back yard, I discovered that the Triposo app has a great user interface and does have a lot of very useful features that many people will appreciate. You can read about these features below.
– Find available travel guides by Country & City, listed in A-Z format
– Get basic guide info before downloading a guide: Mb size, Capital, Currency, Local Time, and overview of cities included
– World Map
– Works offline once your travel guide has been downloaded (includes maps)
– The guide includes an overview map for the country and detailed city maps for the top cities.
– Triposo relies on open sources like Wikipedia, Wikitravel, DMOZ, World66, OpenStreetMap and others to keep you informed
– Triposo also incorporates Yelp! reviews
– Using your current GPS location, Triposo can find the nearest places of interests
– Automatically lists 1 city with a GPS location closest to you
– Dashboard displays your local time and local weather with a 5 day forecast
– Groups information into helpful categories:
Destinations (Popular, A-Z, and Distance from you)
Travelpedia (Intro, History, Culture, Music and Festivals)
Practicalities (Orientation, Safety and Getting There)
Suggestions (places to check out)
– Travel log feature for shared tips, photos, added places and check in info
– Stream feature for the latest shares by the Triposo community
– Option to bookmark favorite places to easily find again in the guides
– Option to sync bookmarks across devices using your Facebook login
– App information updates on a regular basis
I really like this mobile app and its travel guide concept because it puts so much open source information right at your fingertips. After searching through this app, there’s really no reason you can’t find something to do. However, I should point out that while perusing the app content for my local area, I was a little disappointed to discover that I didn’t find more listings for the things that I know that are available in my local area. But as a quick, easy and free travel guide app, Triposo is a really helpful resource to have on hand.