Murkey Reef: 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math (by Frolyc) is an interactive sea-themed application that packs in tons of educational basics for reading, language arts, science, math, and critical thinking skills — all into 22 fun games and exploration experiences. Jump into an immersive learning adventure with Puff (the Puffer fish), Ogee (the shark), and a cast of sea creatures that will help your child learn a broad range of learning disciplines with an emphasis focused on logic and critical thinking throughout the sea ecosystem learning process. Included in the 22 games within this app are a number of quizzes about the sea, with a variety of learning opportunities such audio learning, as well as through the videos provided.
You can log in as a guest if they like, but it would be strongly encouraged to create an individual profile before playing, because otherwise you won’t be able to access the “Your Reef” section and the “Reports” section to track academic progress, nor the fish and sea creature winnings. Murky Reef: 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math is a fantastic educational app that packs a lot of good curriculum content for younger kids into a lot gameplay, along with new game content each time a game is played. It’s nice to see that all games are unlocked with one initial purchase. If you want to test drive this app before purchasing the full version, you can check out Murky Reef Lite: 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science, & Math for FREE, that includes 6 complete games for your child to explore with Puff and his friends at Murky Reef. Watch our other iPad video app demos for more awesome iPad app videos. Crazy Mike
Murky Reef : 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math iPad App Details
Title: Murky Reef : 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math
Size: 18.6 MB
Store: iTunes App Store
Murky Reef : 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math iPad App Download Link
Follow, Subscribe and Like Us On The Social Networks Below
*Disclosure* The developer Frolyc and the iPad app “Murky Reef : 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math” are paid advertisers on http://www.crazymikesapps.com.
Murky Reef : 1st – 2nd Grade Reading, Science & Math iPad App Developers Description
Murky Reef is unique in seamlessly blending reading, science, language arts, math and critical thinking skills with interactive and engaging game play ALL in one app!
For ages: 6-8 years
What people are saying:
★AppsForHomeSchooling.com gives this app 5-★ rating!!!
“Murky Reef is an incredibly fun educational app that really draws children right into the action. With 22 educational games in all, Murky Reef presents a wide range of cross-curricular content for math, language arts, science, and thinking skills.”
“Murky Reef is a nice mix of a little bit of everything. I liked the mix and variety found in Murky Reef.”
“Murky Reef is an awesome app which hits on many skills needed in the basics.”
View video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOSK6pwsqk
✦ True 21st century multi-media learning using informational text, interactive graphics, audio, curated & safe videos and of course games!
✦ Interactive play in a coral reef with shark, pufferfish, cleaner fish and more.
✦ Math & Language Arts content aligned with Common core standards.
✦ Carefully structured questioning that fosters critical thinking.
✦ Progress report across activities and across skill set.
✔ 22 cross-curricular games that are fact-filled and fun.
✔ Thrilling interactions – Make shark teeth fall off, inflate a pufferfish, make an octopus squirt ink, touch jellyfish and more!)
✔ Win sea creatures and learn tons more about each of them
* Coral reef ecosystem
* Habitat, prey-predator relationship
* Interesting sea animals like pufferfish, cleaner fish etc.
* Sharks – types, habitat, fascinating attributes, body anatomy
* Number sense (Can you count, compare and compose numbers?)
*Arithmetic (Add & subtract 1-20 quickly. Use sea stars and sea snake number line to answer!)
* Number patterns (Counting in 2s, 5s, 10s, 100s, forwards & backwards counting)
* Addition/Subtraction grid (Analyze a grid, do mental math & spot the equation)
In Language Arts:
* Read and be quizzed on comprehension
* Words & letters. Perceiving & discerning letters in various words (Did you realize that 2 words can have common letters but differ in just 1 letter? Think ROSE and SOAR! Compare and deduce.)
* Spot rhyming words (Do BAT and COT rhyme? You tell me…) from a large list of word families.
* Sight word search (Can you find the word ABOUT lost in this grid of letters? Spell and find!)
* Vocabulary (This app is all about sea creatures. Turtles have “fl_ppers”. What is the missing letter? Think & spell)
* Sentence structure & composition (Sentences start with capitalized letter & may end with a period. Now create a sentence!)
* Game on word synthesis (Do you like anagrams and crosswords? Here is a simplified version for your thriving kid! Challenge her/him!)
* Mental Math
* Math Facts( with & without manipulatives)
* Logical deduction
* Reading and listening comprehension
* Application of knowledge
NOTE on videos: The videos are carefully curated and are kid-friendly. Playing the videos requires Wi-Fi connection.
NOTE to teachers: This app is designed with Bloom’s taxonomy in mind as applicable to 5-8 year olds. We have addressed 4 levels of Bloom’s taxonomy – knowledge, comprehension, analysis, and application through various activities in this app. Please feel free to provide your critical and valuable feedback.
You can learn more about Murky Reef and the design goals behind the games at http://frolyc.tumblr.com/
If you like Murky Reef, please support us by giving this app a 5-star review!
Frolyc is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended ages: 5-8 years
Tons of updates in version 2.0!
1. New, stunning visual appeal.
2. Audio tutorial for all activities.
3. How well is you child performing? View the new performance reports!
4. Several new surprising interactions – make shark teeth fall off, touch pufferfish, see who eats who in the ocean and more…
5. Watch kid-friendly curated videos on coral reefs and sharks. This is 21st century learning through text, audio, video and exciting graphical interactions.