Crocodiles typically represent beastly, scary creatures with lots of teeth to eat you with. The question is: “Would you trust a crocodile smile?” Open Wide Snap by Kid-estorybooks is a great children’s iPad book that features a crocodile who has a bit of a dirty teeth problem, specifically the hard to reach back teeth. Our crocodile friend wanders around trying to find someone to clean his teeth and as you probably guessed it, there are very few takers, because all think it is a trick to eat them! Open Wide Snap features a great narrated kid’s story, which can also be read without narration, and has words that are highlighted during narrated reading to help emerging readers. The story by Fiona Treweeke is fun, the art work graphics are well done, and at the end of the book there are games (matching and puzzles). Additionally, kids can tap on items on each page to hear what those items are: like animals, grass, lake etc. Open Wide Snap is a great family book with a friendly crocodile who needs a little help. Will anyone help him? Watch our other iPad video app demos for more awesome iPad app videos. CM
Open Wide Snap iPad App Details
Title: Open Wide Snap
Store: iTunes App Store
Open Wide Snap iPad App Download Link
*Disclosure* The developer Kid-estorybooks and the iPad app “Open Wide Snap” are paid advertisers on http://www.crazymikesapps.com.
Open Wide Snap iPad App Developers Description
Open Wide Snap is the second title to be released by Kid-estorybooks, by Fiona Treweeke. Narrated by the well-loved voice of Sarah Jane Honeywell presenter and actress from CBeebies.
“I know you’re game and it’s all a trick, you’ll open up wide and snap me up quick”
This crocodile needs to clean his teeth before they all go bad. But he just can’t reach all the ones at the back. The crocodile decides to find a helper. He meets many animals on his journey, but none of them are keen to help a reptile of his reputation – except for one…
Designed to suit children aged 2-7, Open Wide Snap is beautifully illustrated, simply animated and functionally educational. Kids can choose to read the story themselves or have it read to them with words highlighting as the audio is played. The app also features some fun interactive puzzles. The story uses effective repetition and rhyme to deliver subtle messages about trust, friendship and other positive social behaviours.
* Read to me – perfect for toddlers who love to be read to, but can also see the words highlighted as they are read
* Read it myself – great for more established readers who want to read alone, but can still touch a word if they get stuck, perfect for parents to read to their child
* Games – puzzles and pairs with characters from the book will help your child excel in, problem solving, concentration, memory and linguistic skills
Other Features include:
* Original story and artwork
* Professional narration from well know CBeebies actress/presenter
* Custom built for the iPad
* Picture/word association, in sync to provide education and experience